Grammarly - Recommended MS Word Plug-In

Here's a place to talk about anything and everything...EXCEPT Politics. Politics has no place on this board.

Moderators: eldric, Nomad

Grammarly - Recommended MS Word Plug-In

Postby Clay Clearbrook on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:57 am

Thanks to a little add in to MS Word called Grammarly, I have been updating the posted chapters of one of my original works: Wolfblade and have started to use it with my Fan-fiction writing as well. I am only using the free offline version...but it has already helped tremendously.

There were a few...bumps...at first. Grammarly marked some things as errors that were intentional...those were easy to get by simply by ignoring. Other errors, however, popped up that caused me to doubt Grammarly...until I discovered that...Grammarly was correct and I was wrong! Primarily...the placement of Commas and Periods in fiction dialogue!

After going through 3 chapters and ignoring these flags...I decided to check it out...and discovered that it was I was wrong...not Grammary!

I also discovered that it is a common mistake among novice writers who have not had the luxury of formal classes in Fiction Writing.

This article set me straight and I highly recommend it to all writers: Learn How to Punctuate Dialogue in Fiction Writing.

I also strongly suggest that you get the MS Word plug-in for Grammarly
Clay Clearbrook

Return to General Discussion