Soul Searching and the Way Forward

A place for the Admin to post Announcements and Updates. This is a read only board, Discussions will still be confined to the appropriate boards.

Moderators: Dylan Clearbrook, eldric, Nomad

Soul Searching and the Way Forward

Postby eldric on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:46 pm

So there's a line in the Cheers theme song that goes 'and your husband wants to be a girl!' That happened to Dylan Clearbrook. Except it was his writing partner. And poor Dylan is as conservative as they come.

His writing partner was bouncing off the walls and Dylan had had enough, leaving Jake wondering what was going on. The communication between Dylan and Eldric had come to a screeching halt as Eldric struggled to come to terms with himself.

And the time seemed to come to just pull the plug on the Continuum Worlds. It had survived, mostly through benign neglect as the two of us basically walked away. But we pay to keep the site ad-free and another bill had come due.

There was a no-holds barred conversation that could not have taken place six months ago. It was ugly, but it had to happen. And I am glad it did.

We did not resolve all of our issues, but we found enough common ground for a new beginning. You will soon see changes to the site as we (really Dylan) begin to revamp the format of the story pages. Jake has some new stories for his Otherverse Redux site; you should see them soon.

We have to sort out the Second Continuum War and the backlog of stories. We will probably need to publish a timeline at some point.

And we have to decide the future of our respective 'verses'. Although its characters will appear from time to time, Alterverse is done. Multiverse may be in the same boat. Rising Starr will be a challenge for me, personally. It was my last work as Eldric and I am not sure I see the characters the same way I once did. I am sure I will someday return to the Inheritors. One does not ignore Faith Scott for long! It is not wise! ;)

But new works are on the way, some of which are likely to be original fiction.

I want to say 'thank you' to Jake for believing so fervently in the Continuum Worlds and for encouraging us to resolve our differences. We had to choose to come to terms, but he expedited the process! :lol:

I will always honor what Eldric did, even as he recedes into my past. But I finally have my act together and it's up to me to make something of that legacy. And I intend to do exactly that!

It's hard to believe we've been at this for almost two decades! Dylan kicked it all off with the Return of the Pre-Crisis Kara Zor-El. I had played with an Alan Scott character before, but Alterverse was born out of 9-11. And the Continuum Worlds brought them and several other concepts all together under one roof. I like to think that Kara would be proud of what we've done.

Hipkarma, Stee, Laughing Vulcan, and the rest of the gang, we'd love to hear from you!

Until next time!
Ella
Guardian of the Emerald Fire!
eldric
Site Admin

Re: Soul Searching and the Way Forward

Postby Dylan Clearbrook on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:26 pm

I need to correct a couple of things in Eldric's above statement. :D

He said I was "as conservative as they come.". Not entirely true :) I am actually more libertarian. (Little L since I don't actually belong to the Libertarian party).

It is true, however, that he and I have had our issues. The core being that while I support the LGB (for the most part)...I have never made it a secret that I do not support the T part.

This did, indeed, cause a rift between Eldric and I. I take responsibility in that during this time, Eldric DID try to reach out....

In the end, it took Jake H. giving me a verbal ass kicking to reopen dialogue.

As Eldric said, it wasn't pretty...and I think we are both still smarting from it....but it was needed.

There are some issues that will never be smoothed over. My stand on the T won't change.

However, no one ever said you have to agree with some one to be friends. and after almost 2 decades, it took Jake H. to remind me of those decades of Friendship and partnership with Eldric.

I am sure we will hit bumps on the road forward....but we can agree to disagree and not let those bumps define what we have accomplished or what we might still accomplish.
Dylan Clearbrook
Site Admin

Re: Soul Searching and the Way Forward

Postby Nomad on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:38 pm

Ya know whats the REAL kicker here?

The old adage says you have to listen to your elders for their guidance and wisdom...and here I am, the youngest of the CW Triad by 13 years and 18 years respectively, having to tell these two to get along. :)

I had just turned 25 when a mutual friend got me and Dylan together...now I am 43. The Continuum Worlds has outlasted my marriage, seen my child go from diapers to adulthood, two career changes, and more homes than I can count (including Dylan's at one point!). This place and these people have actually been more consistently important to me than just about anyone...that, and the people who have come here to read what we have created and continue to create.

To another 20 years!
Nomad

Return to Announcements & Updates