Apocalypse vs Ra's al Ghul

Here's a place to talk about anything and everything...EXCEPT Politics. Politics has no place on this board.

Moderators: Dylan Clearbrook, eldric, Nomad

Apocalypse vs Ra's al Ghul

Postby bluedevil on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:58 am

I'm still formulating my thoughts and plans for the next batch of DCM stories, and the major plotline I want to follow with X-Men is the struggle against Apocalypse. As I was reading through some handbook entries to get an idea of his motivation, I pretty much determined that Apocalypse wants to rule the world, but it playing the long game and waiting for the right moment to strike. With his "survival of the fittest" mentality, it can be a delicate balance of making sure humanity isn't advanced enough to oppose him, but also to make sure it has developed far enough along so he can capable lieutenants.

But seeing as how he would be existing in the same world as Ra's al Ghul, I got to thinking that those two might be at odds with their individual goals. Ra's wants to create the perfect balance in humanity, which will probably mean killing most of it.

I might have to go more with the Batman Begins route...using Ra's as part of the League of Shadows, a group that tries to keep order and justice in a corrupt world.

So, I thought I'd open up to some discussion to see how these two characters would co-exist in the same universe.
bluedevil
Global Moderator

Re: Apocalypse vs Ra's al Ghul

Postby eldric on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:14 pm

On the other hand, Apocolypse may steal lieutenants from the League of Assassins. He might like What Ras produces... :mrgreen:
Eldric
Speaker for the Emerald Fire!
eldric
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion